[Interest] QtSVG deprecated

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Thu Jan 12 02:34:45 CET 2012

On Wednesday, 11 de January de 2012 15.34.34, Alex Malyushytskyy wrote:
> > No you don't. You have something which tries to implement Svg Tiny, but
> > apparently is not complete or bug-free.
>
> I believe you are wrong.
> Check discussion above and there was a statement that it is considered
> "Complete"
>
> My over 20 years experience shows that there is no bug free software,
> there are bugs that either have not being found yet or just ignored.

I never said that.

The adjective "complete" was used when we were talking about APIs that had
reached the intended feature level support and we did not plan on extending
them further. That's what the "Done" state in the maturity level means. Some
people suggested that QtSvg might be in that, and we compared to QtXmlPatterns
and QtXml (DOM classes).

QtSvg is by no mean complete or done. It's definitely incomplete and we know
it. That's one of the reasons why it became Deprecated instead of Done.

      PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
      E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358