[Interest] OT: Bug-free code (Was: QtSVG deprecated)

Gopalakrishna Bhat gopalakbhat at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 15:00:59 CET 2012

On Thu, Jan 12, 2012 at 7:20 PM, Atlant Schmidt
<aschmidt at dekaresearch.com>wrote:

> > > My over 20 years experience shows that there is no bug free software,
> > > there are bugs that either have not being found yet or just ignored.
> >
> > Well, one example of a bug-free application would be
> >
> > int main()
> > {
> >   return 0;
> > }
> >
> > Sure it does not do anything useful, but its pretty much bug-free. I
> > agree though that real-world applications always have bugs :)

Since this is a new OT thread, I am posting this which I thought I would
reply to the original mail but refrained as being OT. This is not a bug
free code. What if the environment that spawns this process expects this
program to return 1?

It all depends on what you want your application to do isn't it. One might
think of this as a bug, another it as a required behaviour.

--
My blog http://gkbhat.blogspot.com