[Interest] QtCreator

Bo Thorsen bo at fioniasoftware.dk
Thu Jan 12 22:05:43 CET 2012

Den 12-01-2012 16:46, Duane skrev:
> I have creator installed on a widows desktop and can build with MSVC8 or
> MingW tool chains.  Is it possible to set this up to build and deploy to
> an embedded linux or standard linux target?  If so, how do I get setup
> the toolchain?

It is possible, yes. You can get a cross compiler and build all the
libraries yourself, add the new tool chain to QtC and keep maintaining
such an environment. But it is an incredibly big task. It's the wrong
solution.

Install Oracle VirtualBox, VMWare or something like it, and install any
recent linux distribution inside it. It's a much much much (and a bit
more) better solution.

I'm using VirtualBox with a Linux build per customer on my main laptop.
Easy to switch between setups, and I can save the disk image when I'm
not working for them, so I can easily get back to it.

Bo Thorsen,
Fionia Software.

--

Expert Qt and C++ developer for hire