[Interest] Lists and QTextEdit

Graham Labdon Graham.Labdon at avalonsciences.com
Tue Jan 17 10:41:56 CET 2012

Hi
I am trying to add a numeric list to a QTextEdit.
So I have a QDialog with a QTextEdit and a button which when pressed should add an item to the list.
This is my code so far (for when the button is pressed)

    QTextCursor cursor = ui->textEdit->textCursor();
    QTextBlockFormat listBlockFormat;
    QTextCharFormat listCharFormat;
    QString listItemText = "The item";
    QTextListFormat listFormat;
    listFormat.setIndent(1);
    listFormat.setStyle(QTextListFormat::ListDecimal);
    cursor.insertBlock();
    cursor.beginEditBlock();
    cursor.setBlockFormat(listBlockFormat);
    cursor.setCharFormat(listCharFormat);
    cursor.insertText(listItemText);
    QTextList *textList = cursor.createList(listFormat);
    textList->add(cursor.block());
    cursor.endEditBlock();

This adds list items but they always have the decimal value of 1 -

1.       The Item

I know this is because I create a new list every time, but cannot see how to make this work

Any suggestions would be welcome
Thanks

Graham