[Interest] How big are the Qt libraries in mobile?

Tomasz Siekierda sierdzio at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 10:34:56 CET 2012

> Can someone help checking what is the size of the Qt libraries in
> Android or iOS? Also, are they loading a separate QtWebKit?

For Ministro 2, version 6.0:
16.31 MB overall, and that's: QtCore, QtGui (including widgets, as
it's Qt 4.8), QtDeclarative, QtScript. I'm not using QtWebKit in my
app, so it's not being loaded. Ministro loads only modules that are
needed.

This might be a bit different for newest libs (Necessitas Alpha 3
update 3). I have no means of checking iOS, though.

> Any idea of what the size can be for Qt 5 essential modules?

No, but there will certainly be differences, as QtCore is to grow,
QtGui to shrink, etc. And we still have some big things to come, like
PCRE. You should probably wait for first alpha/ beta versions to get a
good estimate.

Cheers,
sierdzio