[Interest] qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.0 build errors?

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Thu Jan 19 22:01:58 CET 2012

On Thursday, 19 de January de 2012 11.26.51, Alan Ezust wrote:
> The key line is this one:
> >  cc1plus: warnings being treated as errors
>
> If you edit the file WebKit.pri and comment the line
>
> #
> !CONFIG(standalone_package):isEqual(QT_ARCH,x86_64)|isEqual(QT_ARCH,i386):
> QMAKE_CXXFLAGS += -Werror
>
> And rebuild, that should make the problem go away.

That's the easy solution for this problem.

Can you tell us though which GCC version you have? Guessing from the absence
of the square brackets at the end of the warning, it's older than GCC 4.6.

I think the warnings are a GCC bug that has been since fixed. That means
another solution to this problem is to upgrade.

      PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
      E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358