[Interest] Problems with Drag and Drop in Windows 7

NoRulez norulez at me.com
Wed Jan 25 15:15:18 CET 2012

Hello @all,

I tried to compile and run the example which is listed here: http://developer.qt.nokia.com/wiki/Drag_and_Drop_of_files
https://www.gitorious.org/qtdevnet-wiki-mvc/qtdevnet-dropfiles

My Problem now is that I can't drop any files into the MDI Area.
I already tried to create a simple application with Drag&Drop but I only got the crossed circle cursor.
I've breakpoints in all four functions:

    protected:

    virtual void dragEnterEvent(QDragEnterEvent *event);
    virtual void dragLeaveEvent(QDragLeaveEvent *event);
    virtual void dragMoveEvent(QDragMoveEvent *event);
    virtual void dropEvent(QDropEvent *event);

but the breakpoints in the functions are never reached.

Do I something wrong or is this a bug with the Qt/Windows 7 combination?

The Qt version I use is 4.7.4 from the QtSDK and as the compiler i use MinGW.

Thanks in advance

Best Regards