[Interest] Lighthouse iOS OpenGL framebuffer object problem

Wuerfel, Hannes Hannes.Wuerfel at student.hpi.uni-potsdam.de
Wed Jan 25 22:17:30 CET 2012

Hi,

I've tried the uikit from qt4.8 this week and got it finally running on simulator and device.
I've already red the post on http://labs.qt.nokia.com/2011/08/09/update-on-uikit-lighthouse-platform/ . I've succesfully built the qt opengl es 2 example for the simulator but the QtGL Widget stays black and I've got this error message: "Failed to make complete framebuffer object 8cd6". I've searched for the hex code and got "GL_FRAMEBUFFER_INCOMPLETE_ATTACHMENT_OES".

The post states: "Qt’s Open GL ES 2 code path resets the used frame buffer in between to a default value, in the unmodified case to the system frame buffer (0) – which doesn’t exist on iOS (all rendering done in FBO’s). The workaround is to override this by setting QGLPaintDevice::m_thisFBO (a protected member) in a custom subclass class and using that instead." as a possible workaround but I need some more information to actually try this out.

My Questions:
When I'm going to subclass QGLPaintDevice how do I set up the frame buffer correctly?
Which other files of the QtOpenGL module are currently using this "private" class?

What I've found out so far is that:
qgl_p.h
qglframebufferobject_p.h
qglpixelbuffer_p.h