[Interest] using openvg graphics system for embedded platform.

haithem rahmani haithem.rahmani at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 10:27:47 CET 2012

Hi,

I'm trying to cross-compile the qt-4.8.0 for a STMicroelectronics SoC,
this SoC comes with a GPU.

I've to use the "directfb" gfx driver, but as you know DirectFB doesn't
provide any vector graphics api, so to avoid the "raster" fallback I'm
trying to enable the "openvg" based graphics system
to get all the 2D vector  ops accelerated, below how  I called  the
"configure"

./configure -confirm-license \
    -verbose -verbose \
    -prefix "/home/rahmanih/qt-4.8.0" \
            -plugin-gfx-directfb  \
            -egl \
            -graphicssystem openvg \
    -no-qt3support \
            -exceptions \
    -no-rpath \
            -stl \
    -reduce-relocations \
            -force-pkg-config \
            -system-sqlite \
    -system-zlib \
    -system-libpng \
    -system-libmng \
    -system-libjpeg \
    -no-mmx -no-3dnow -no-sse -no-sse2 \
            -no-cups \
            -little-endian \
            -host-little-endian \
            -depths 8,15,16,24,32  \
        -no-phonon \
        -no-multimedia \
    -opensource \
    -embedded sh4 \
    -arch sh4

but I got an the following error.

Error: Graphics System plugins are not supported on QWS.
   On QWS, the graphics system API is part of the QScreen plugin
architecture
   rather than existing as a separate plugin

is there anyway to get the openvg support for embedded platforms?
if yes then is it possible lo make it working together with the directfb
gfx driver?

--
*
"If you ask a question - you will be a fool for 5 minutes, otherwise