[Interest] Changing key repeat settings in Qt

Kimmo Viitanen kviitanen at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 14:24:34 CET 2012

Hi,

Is it possible to change the key repeat settings using Qt? When a
keyboard key is pressed and kept pressed, there is usually a delay
before the key starts repeating. I'd like to reduce this delay.

This is probably not something that is usually desired in an application
(fiddling with user's personal settings), but I'm trying to develop a
game in Qt. In the game, users can move an object with the keyboard.
With the default key delay there is a noticeable pause between the first
movement and subsequent moves.

Documentation didn't turn up anything, so I'm thinking this is not
possible, but it never hurts to ask.

Cheers,

Kimmo