[Interest] Program application on website

Atlant Schmidt aschmidt at dekaresearch.com
Tue Jan 31 18:37:36 CET 2012

Sujan:

> ...and now I want that program to work on a website. Is it possible to do??

  I think you need to ask us a "more concrete" question.

  In exactly what way do you want your program to "work on
  a website"? Are you writing a Qt program that should be able
  to access data from a website? Send data to a website? Be
  downloaded from a website?

  Let me try to give you a general answer to get things rolling:
  Basically, a web server is just a system that takes requests in
  a certain format (a "GET" message that uses a URI to specify
  a resource on the web server) and returns one response as
  a result.

  The protocol used is HTTP. The request can be for a single
  image or an audio file or a video file or what-have-you,
  or the request can be for a document (say, an HTML
  document) that, once received, then causes your local
  program (the client) to "get" other resources (such as
  images and audio file and video files).

  The resource you request from the web server can also
  be a "CGI" document that first needs to be processed by
  the web server but eventually, after processing, is delivered
  to your client as an ordinary single resource.

  Other messages also exist, allowing your client to push
  data back up to the web server for storage or for further
  processing.

                                     Atlant