[Interest] FLOSS Audio Application needing GUI developer (Composite)

Gabriel M. Beddingfield gabrbedd at gmail.com
Mon Jul 2 13:38:24 CEST 2012

Hello all,

The audio application Composite (http://gabe.is-a-geek.org/composite) is
in need of a GUI developer.  Anybody interested?

Composite is a digital audio workstation with an emphasis on live
performance and sequencing (similar to Ableton).  The audio engine is a
fork of Hydrogen, but the UI is a totally clean slate (QML, Widgets,
GraphicsLayout, raw OpenGL, or even GTK+ if you think it's right and can
make a good argument for it).

The project has been stalled for quite some time.  Some of the reasons
are personal (job changes etc) -- but the technical reasons are that I
decided QML/QtQuick was the Right Thing, but I keep running up against
the fact that it's also a New Thing.  And on top of that, GUI
programming for me is a "have to" instead of a "want to."

So, if you have a music bent, some nice Qt chops, and like the prospect
of designing a clean-slate application -- let's meet and see if a
collaboration is right.  To be clear, this is not a commercial
project/product -- so I'm looking for a volunteer (like me) to take a
stake in the project.

-gabriel