[Interest] Any idea why QAbstractItemView::selectedIndexes() is protected?

André Somers andre at familiesomers.nl
Tue Jul 3 08:06:46 CEST 2012

Op 3-7-2012 1:17, K. Frank schreef:
> Hi List!
>
> I'm wondering why QAbstractItemView::selectedIndexes() is protected,
> rather than public.
>
> By way of comparison, QAbstractItemView::currentIndex() is public,
> and the two functions really don't seem so different.
>
> Would anyone have some thoughts on this design choice?
>
> Thanks for your insights.

I don't know exactly, but the public API for manipulating selections is
QItemSelectionModel. I think the method is there for the convenience of
view implementors, but I am not sure. I could imagine it being handy for
normal users as well. On the other hand: it does not save you much over
using the QItemSelectionModel.

André