[Interest] QLIneEdit Bug still valid ?

Petric Frank pfrank at gmx.de
Sun Jul 15 14:45:06 CEST 2012

Hello,

developing an application using Qt 4.8.2 (Linux) i stumbled over a bug with
QLineEdit.

I used the signal textEdited(const QString &). According to the documentation
this signal should not be emitted when i change the item using setText(const
QString &). Despite the spec it is emitted at caling setText.

I found a bug item dated from 2010 which referring this issue:

which is still maked as open and no progress have been made.

It seems this bugreport was lost somewhere.

Any hints where/how to patch the original Qt Source to fix this is welcome.

regards
  Petric