[Interest] Performance Issues with vlc and QImage painting inside QML

Daniel Kreuter daniel.kreuter85 at googlemail.com
Mon Jul 16 14:21:06 CEST 2012

Thanks for this link.

When I understand the article right, then I can't move my
QDeclarativeItem class into a new Thread, because the paint method can
only be used inside of the GUI Thread.

So how can I improve the performance of the video playback inside of
QML? Using QWidget or the normal VLC player and the video seems to run
as fast as it should, but not inside QML (you see that the FPS is much
lower than the one inside of VLC player). One way could be to start
the vlc player from inside my program as a new process and give him
the video file, but it would be much nicer if it would look more
native inside my program.

Any suggestions?

So long

Daniel