[Interest] Performance Issues with vlc and QImage painting inside QML

Daniel Kreuter daniel.kreuter85 at googlemail.com
Mon Jul 16 15:13:50 CEST 2012

On Mon, Jul 16, 2012 at 3:06 PM,  <kai.koehne at nokia.com> wrote:

> Things that I'd try:
>
>  - different graphics backends (e.g. raster)
>  - use a opengl viewport (QGLWidget)
>  - follow e.g. http://doc.qt.nokia.com/4.8/qdeclarativeperformance.html

The one working fine uses QWidget and QFrame for painting, but this
approach doesn't work in QML (I only get audio playback but no video)
so this one can't be used.

I also tried the QGLWidget, but the problem here will be that this
approach needs working openGL, which will not be the case on the
target device (no opengl support there, so port to Qt5 isn't possible
too).
I will have a look at the page about QDeclarativePerformance, hope
that this will help a bit.

Thanks so far.

So long

--