[Interest] QMainWindow: add a dock widget as a floater?

Rui Maciel rui.maciel at gmail.com
Fri Jul 20 12:46:16 CEST 2012

On 07/20/2012 11:06 AM, Samuel Gaist wrote:
> My bad, i've forgotten the implication of widget parenting without a layout in between.
>
> Did you also try my second suggestion ? addDockWidget + dockWidget.setFloating(true)

Strangely enough, it appears that calling setFloating(true) alone is
enough to set a properly rendered dock widget.

It would be nice if addDockWidget() supported a Qt::FloatingDockWidget
flag, so that it could be possible to set a floating dock widget through
it.  Alas...

Thanks for the help,
Rui Maciel