[Interest] Qt Binaries for Mingw 4.7

K. Frank kfrank29.c at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 17:02:00 CEST 2012

Hi Konrad!

On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 3:06 AM, Konrad Rosenbaum <konrad at silmor.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Monday 23 July 2012 23:24:38 K. Frank wrote:
>> On Mon, Jul 23, 2012 at 4:33 PM, Konrad Rosenbaum <konrad at silmor.de> wrote:
>> > But I could imagine that slipping a layer between mingw and gcc could
>> > help, since those promises don't need to be quite as strong in the
>> > typical GCC scenario (it is enough to be synchronized after the gcc
>> > process ends).
>> >
>> > Hmm, is there an equivalent to LD_PRELOAD on Windows? I.e. is it possible
>> > to exchange certain library calls for some processes, but not others?
>>
>> Thanks for the suggestions.
>
> Do I take it you have a plan? ;-)

No.  Maybe it's a little selfish of me, but mingw / mingw-w64 is
"good enough" for me, even if it is slow on bigger projects.  (Also,
I'm not sure that I'd have the strength to tackle something like this.)

>> > Out of curiosity: how much memory did it take? I usually give my
>> > Windows-VM less than 1GB.
>>
>> I don't know exactly.  I would say that I needed pretty close to 2 GB
>> (not just for the linking process itself, but also for whatever else the
>> os felt it needed.)
>
> Ok, I definitely need to increase my VM size when building Qt.

If you do build Qt again with mingw and happen to get further
information on how much memory is required, please consider
posting what you learn.  I'd certainly be interested.  Which part
of the build used the most memory would also be nice to know.
(In my case linking QtGuid4.dll was the sticking point.)

>         Konrad

Thanks.

K. Frank