[Interest] QTabBar drawBase property- what does it do?

John Weeks john at wavemetrics.com
Tue Jul 24 21:34:14 CEST 2012

I am in the process of porting code that draws images of controls. Due to history and architecture, I'm not using QWidgets as the basis for these controls, they are drawn using OS primitives. Now I am drawing them with QStyle.

There are references amonst the Tab Bar stuff to a "base". The QTabBar widget has a property "drawBase" so I created a test case: a dialog layout with two QTabBars one with drawBase set and the other without. I've looked at Windows, Plastique, CleanLooks, Macintosh and Motif styles and can't see any difference. So...

What does drawBase do? What are all those references (especially for QStyle::pixelMetric) to things related to TabBarBase?

-John Weeks