[Interest] Getting the timezone from Qt?

Nikos Chantziaras realnc at gmail.com
Sat Jul 28 05:39:37 CEST 2012

On 27/07/12 20:15, Konrad Rosenbaum wrote:
> On Friday 27 July 2012 14:54:04 Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
>>>
>>> If your software is under a GPL-compatible license, feel free to use
>>> this: http://silmor.de/qtstuff.tzone.php
>>>
>>> (git URL: git://silmor.de/konrad/tzone.git )
>>
>> It's GPLv2, which is not compatible with GPLv3 :-/
>
> Is it GPLv2 only or is it actually "GPLv2 or any later"? If the latter then it
> is compatible with GPLv3.

It's "or any later version", but using GPLv3 code in it would mean it
can't be used under v2.

> Any particular reason why you are still using GPLv2?

So that the app is compatible with GPLv2-only code.  Some people don't
like the new clauses of v3.

But thank you very much for the pointer anyway.  At least I can look at
that code to get an idea about how to get the needed info from the
system :-)