[Interest] Qt 4.8.x and OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion - my experience

Till Oliver Knoll till.oliver.knoll at gmail.com
Mon Jul 30 11:40:10 CEST 2012

Am 30.07.2012 um 11:19 schrieb Yang Fan <missdeer at gmail.com>:

> What about macx-clang mkspec, can Qt 4.8.x be built by clang successfully on ML?

My experience so far only covers linking against some *pre-built* Qt 4.8.1.

However I stumbled over some posts elsewhere (google://Qt Mountain Lion) indicating that there's an issue linking QWebKit on Mountain Lion. A fix (involving the inclusion of some binary *.a file into Git (!)) is apparently under review, not sure whether it's going to be merged back to some Qt 4.x (one vote from me here!).

No experience about clang/llvm ...

Cheers,
  Oliver