[Interest] When is QDir::Drives useful?

Scott Aron Bloom Scott.Bloom at onshorecs.com
Tue Jul 31 08:58:15 CEST 2012

Since  Im no longer sure what this discussion is about... Back to the original question, when is QDir::drives() useful..

Here is code...
#include <QCoreApplication>
#include <QDir>
#include <QFileInfo>
#include <QDebug>
int main( int argc, char ** argv )
{
    QFileInfoList drives = QDir::drives();
    foreach( const QFileInfo & curr, drives )
    {
        qDebug() << curr.absoluteFilePath();
    }
}

Which when run as a console app returns:
"C:/"
"D:/"
"E:/"
"F:/"
"G:/"

This is on a Win7 machine, running Qt 4.7.4.. However this is the results I have been getting/expecting for years...

So what is the issue?  Are we completely off QDir::Drives?

Scott