[Interest] Qt 4.8.x and OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion - my experience

Till Oliver Knoll till.oliver.knoll at gmail.com
Tue Jul 31 20:16:27 CEST 2012

Am 30.07.12 21:31, schrieb norulez at me.com:
> Does QFileDialog::getOpenFileName() in Mountain Lion not work anymore?
>
> If I debug an example with Xcode I get NS* timeouts.

With Qt 4.8.1 I do get "timeouts" as well: when requesting the "Open
file" or "Save as" dialog the application GUI freezes for a couple of
seconds (about 10 seconds), but nothing happens thereafter: no file
dialog appears (the application continues to respond to mouse and
keyboard events however).

However this ONLY seems to happen if the application is SANDBOXED!

When I run the application from within Qt Creator (non sandboxed) Open
and Save dialogs show just fine (for Open I use exactly the method as
mentioned above).

In earlier releases (Qt 4.8.0, Qt 4.7.x for sure) Qt even crashed, see

Now I cannot remember whether my sandboxed application did work under
Lion (with Qt 4.8.1) and whether this behaviour has now changed again
(at least it doesn't crash anymore ;)), but according to above QTBUG the
final solution will be in Qt 4.8.3 only anyway (it might also work in Qt
4.8.2, but that one is not offered yet via QtSDK Updater...).

Cheers, Oliver