[Interest] error: taking address of temporary [-fpermissive]

Robert Wood robert.wood at apostrophe.co.uk
Fri Jun 1 20:40:13 CEST 2012

Adding QMAKE_CXXFLAGS=-fpermissive in additional arguments in the
projects tab does the trick.

I'd like to know why there is the change and how to fix it properly though.

An example of a rogue lines is this:

queryString += "\"" + sqlFormatString(&ui->dateInDateEdit->date()) + "\",";

The routine is defined as follows:

QString enter_invoice_in::sqlFormatString(QDate *date);

So, I'm passing a pointer to a date which is on a form.

Thanks again.