[Interest] Porting Qt app to windows

Till Oliver Knoll till.oliver.knoll at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 15:04:12 CEST 2012

Am 04.06.2012 um 10:01 schrieb Chasc <chasc at tpg.com.au>:

> On Sun, 2012-06-03 at 14:44 +0200, Till Oliver Knoll wrote:
>> Am 03.06.2012 um 10:33 schrieb Samuel Gaist <samuel.gaist at edeltech.ch>:
>>
>>> Another idea, from which path did you copy the QtCore4.dll ? The one in the folder from QtCreator ? Or the one from the provided Qt library tree ?
>>
>> Good point! Qt Creator comes with its *own* set of Qt libraries, ...
>
> I've tried them all! It doesn't make any difference. Is this a common
> problem?

It is a common problem that people new to Windows development have difficulties how to deploy applications (nothing specific to Qt here), but there's no common (known) issue with the Qt libraries itself (the MinGW ones that come with the Qt SDK anyway) - if that is what you mean.

Just to rule out the obvious: you do build in release mode and provide the release Qt libraries and Qt plugins, with the same build options (you don't provide any custom linker flags for your *.exe)? And when you deploy your debug *.exe you make sure to provide the corresponding debug Qt libs/plugins - right?

Cheers,
  Oliver