[Interest] QTimer stops triggering

Atlant Schmidt aschmidt at dekaresearch.com
Tue Jun 5 13:04:29 CEST 2012

André:

> > I don't know what timer API is used by Qt. If it's Posix timers underneath,
> > can you try a simple app with Posix timers and see if they also misbehave.
> > That way, we will know whether it's a platform problem or qt problem.

> Seems to me that no matter what technology Qt uses under the hood, it is
> always a Qt problem. Qt does not advertise any limitations on this front,
> so it should not suffer any. If the platform does not support the functionality
> directly, it is up to Qt to work around that IMHO.

  Absolutely true.

  But still, it would be valuable to know whether one needs to design a
  work-around to a platform problem or just fix a Qt bug.

                                Atlant

On Monday 04 June 2012 07:36 PM, Vannoote, Frederik wrote:
Hi Syam,

The Qtimer object is only created once and lives on for ever.
It has an interval of 30 seconds.

Most of the times they stop triggering after 1 or 2 days.

I dont know what timer API is used by Qt. If its posix timers underneath, Can you try a simple app with posix timers and see if they also misbehave.
That way, we will know whether its a platform problem or qt problem.
Seems to me that no matter what technology Qt uses under the hood, it is always a Qt problem. Qt does not advertise any limitations on this front, so it should not suffer any. If the platform does not support the functionality directly, it is up to Qt to work around that IMHO.

André

Kind regards,
Frederik

Frederik Vannoote