[Interest] windows Qt application crashes when not run with admin rights

jason.mcdonald at nokia.com jason.mcdonald at nokia.com
Mon Jun 11 18:38:27 CEST 2012

> Well this is an odd one. We recently moved from Qt 4.5.3 to 4.7.4. Our
> application crashes during startup when NOT run with admin rights.
>
> Anyone seen anything like this?

Hi Paul,

It's hard to say for sure without more information, but here are a few things you can check that might help to determine whether the problem lies in Qt or in the app.

* Are you able to run your app in debug mode and see where it crashes?
* Does your app link to Qt statically or dynamically?
* Are the Qt libraries owned by an admin user?
* Are the Qt libraries readable/executable by non-admin users?
* Do other Qt apps (e.g. something from the demos directory) behave the same way?
* Were the Qt libraries built from source or installed by one of the Qt binary packages?

Cheers,
--
Jason