[Interest] QML & QApplication::setGraphicsSystem("raster");

Harri Pasanen harri at mpaja.com
Tue Jun 12 20:53:12 CEST 2012

After plenty of trial and error I found that
QApplication::setGraphicsSystem("raster") causes

Page {
     orientationLock: PageOrientation.LockLandscape
}

to rotate the page 180 degrees, so it ends up upside down portrait on
Symbian Belle FP1 (701 & 808).  I'm not sure if this is a symbian
specific bug.

The reason I used setGraphicsSystem("raster") was that older Symbian 3
phones complain "textureQGLTexturePool cannot reclaim sufficient space
..." without it.     I would guess some embedded platforms would also
require it.

A related problem:

     QmlApplicationViewer viewer;

viewer.setOrientation(QmlApplicationViewer::ScreenOrientationLandscape);

seems to confuse PageOrientation.LockLandscape, it needs to be
QmlApplicationViewer::ScreenOrientationAuto.

Are symbian specific bugs still adressed?   If so, is
https://bugreports.qt-project.org the place to report them?

Thanks,

Harri