[Interest] Is Nokia officially done with Qt?

Rui Maciel rui.maciel at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 21:52:00 CEST 2012

On 06/14/2012 05:22 PM, Paul Miller wrote:
> There was no mention at all about the fate of Qt. No reason to spread
> any FUD.

«Next billion strategy is based on Java. Period!» - Eero Penttinen
‏@eeropenttinen
https://twitter.com/eeropenttinen/status/213209218164076544

Eero Penttinen, as in Nokia's domain lead for Qt and MeeGo.
http://www.linkedin.com/pub/dir/Eero/Penttinen

By "next billion" I suspect he was referring to this:

Qt’s future for Nokia: Bringing apps to the next billion.
http://blog.qt.nokia.com/2011/06/21/qt%E2%80%99s-future-for-nokia-bringing-apps-to-the-next-billion/

So, it may be Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt, but when it is self-inflicted
we must pay some serious attention to it.

> No matter - all my Qt applications continue to work, I can still get
> Commercial support through Digia, and Open Governance will keep it going.

Let's hope that Qt stays healthy.  Although it isn't exactly perfect,
it's the closest there is to it.  It would be painful to be forced to
replace it with some other toolkit.

Rui Maciel