[Interest] Is Nokia officially done with Qt?

Jason H scorp1us at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 14 23:09:59 CEST 2012

I understand why he said it.

Frankly, even the Qt way was going to fail unless someone brought Samsung on board (and they were shopping for something other than Android...)But $10b from MS got in the way. Now it looks like MS might buy Nokia or RIM which are both bad ideas because WP7 will die, Win8 will fail and we'll all be on Android or iOS.

So ends the Qt mobile experiment. Or does it? Anyone seen GNOME's Broadway (HTML Canvas renderer)? I plan to try to implement "Vaudeville" - the Qt version - once 5.0 is out. Barring that, Qt goes back to being for non-mobile apps and embedded systems.