[Interest] Is Nokia officially done with Qt?

Kate Alhola kate.alhola at gmail.com
Fri Jun 15 20:03:06 CEST 2012

On Fri, Jun 15, 2012 at 6:40 PM, Constantin Makshin <cmakshin at gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't think that "mobile distraction" was really bad (but IMHO Symbian
> took more attention than it deserved) — there are not many frameworks
> that would be as both feature-rich and close to the "wrote once, run
> everywhere" principle as Qt.

Nokia did some decisions that are not good at all for Qt community but it does
not mean that Qt is dead what ever Nokia does. It is still everyone's
choice what framework
to use for software development but I just start thinking what else I
could use if not Qt ?
I would like to have my application running on my Linux and Mac desktops and
on my iPad and Android tablets. There is really very little choices.
Just using plain C++
and OpenGL(ES) and then homegrown toolkit over it is just re-inventing wheel.
Rewrite UI with platform specific toolkit looks only viable
alternative and that requires
a lot of more work. So, if you love Qt would like to make cross
platform applications with
reasonable effort, Qt is still your best friend.

I don't know what will be Nokia's role in Qt in future but I know that
Qt will live and evolve
and it is still number one framework choice for many developers.

Kate