[Interest] Porting Qt app to windows

Chasc chasc at tpg.com.au
Tue Jun 19 05:08:07 CEST 2012

On Sun, 2012-06-03 at 00:47 +0300, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
> On 01/06/12 14:49, Chasc wrote:
> > I have recently developed a C++ desktop application in Linux using Qt
> > Creator and have successfully opened the project in the Windows version
> > of Qt Creator. The app runs successfully in the windows Qt Creator IDE
> > but fails to run independently on the Windows platform. I do not have
> > the same problem in Linux.
> >
> > So how can I package this app to run on other Windows machines using
> > dynamic linking? I have tried including QtGui4.dll, QtCore4.dll,
> > libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll and mingwm10.dll libraries in the release directory
> > but all I get is something about a procedure entry point not being
> > located in QtCore4.dll. I am using Qt 4.7.4.
>
> If you're not using WebKit*, I recommend MXE (http://mxe.cc) for
> building Windows executables directly from Linux.  Hasn't let me down yet.
>
> * WebKit is broken for static linking.

OK, I have MXE working like a charm. Thanks! The problem though is that
it builds everything statically. I am not sure how this sits with
Nokia's LGPL licence agreement although my software is not for sale and
is only being used in-house. How would I get on publishing a GPL app?
(Pardon my ignorance here)

Regards,

Paul Cornford