[Interest] Porting Qt app to windows

David Ching dc at dcsoft.com
Tue Jun 19 16:36:51 CEST 2012

> Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2012 13:08:07 +1000
> From: Chasc <chasc at tpg.com.au>
> So how can I package this app to run on other Windows machines using
> dynamic linking? I have tried including QtGui4.dll, QtCore4.dll,
> libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll and mingwm10.dll libraries in the release
> directory but all I get is something about a procedure entry point
> not being located in QtCore4.dll. I am using Qt 4.7.4.

It sounds like you're not including the correct QtCore4.dll, since the one
being used doesn't have the missing entry point.  Verify you put the correct
DLL into your .exe directory.  And verify that that is the QtCore4.dll being
loaded into your running process, either by SxStrace.exe (Vista or later) or
Depends (third party free app).

Also I would try this on a PC (either real or virtual) that has a fresh
Windows installed (and try all versions of Windows you need to support, e.g.
XP/Vista/7) and make sure you are providing all the required DLL's (that are
not present on a fresh Windows installation).

Good luck,
David