[Interest] [OT] Re: how to develop the HTML5 application(web application) by using Qt?

Till Oliver Knoll till.oliver.knoll at gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 13:02:10 CEST 2012

Am 20.06.2012 um 11:49 schrieb Muthulingam Ammaiappan <muthulingam.a at gmail.com>:

> if Qt is not able to help me out,can anyone suggest the best technology to fullfill my requirement?

The best technology to implement a HTML5 "web app" is... to use the HTML5 technology itself ;)

Unfortunatelly there is no "magic toolkit" which would convert C++ into the equivalent JavaScript (to name just one component of what is considered part of HTML5).

Also QML is actually meant to be more attractive for people coming from "web design" (or so I understand), that is people which are already familiar with HTML, CSS etc.

So trying to do the HTML GUI in QML would be like going back and forth.

Fortunatelly for you there are several dozens of JavaScript libraries and frameworks out there, also providing GUI elements such as buttons, menus, dialogs... (use Google!)

One popular of them is
  http://jquery.com

Check out jqueryui!

They even stole half of our slogan "write less, do more" - so that MUST be a perfect fit :)

If you want to do HTML5 "apps" on mobile phones, then you might want to look into

  http://phonegap.com

which to my understanding is also a popular framework (in which you can also incorporate jquery).

But again: you WILL need to get dirty with HTML, JavaScript, JSON, Ajax and Co. to some degree or another - instead of Qt/C++ (which is for REAL applications ;))

Cheers,
  Oliver