[Interest] Qt on Windows Phone 8

Atlant Schmidt aschmidt at dekaresearch.com
Thu Jun 21 15:44:48 CEST 2012

Oliver:

> * Apple apparently /allows/ interpreters in apps, as long as your app
> doesn't have the capability to download /external/ code to be
> interpreted (as to circumvent the "In-App purchase" - again, an
> "economical reason", not a "technical based one")!

  It's *NOT* just an "economic" reason. Apple does not want
  uninspected code to show up in the apps that have already
  been expected and okayed for use by the users.

  Many folks mock the Apple "walled garden" approach, but
  so far, it has worked very well to prevent malicious apps
  from getting out to users or letting malicious external
  forces get malevolent code onto to the iDevices.

                                      Atlant