[Interest] Qt on Windows Phone 8

BRM bm_witness at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 21 16:05:15 CEST 2012

> From: Harri Pasanen <harri at mpaja.com>

> Someone said that Microsoft does not like cross platform, but I don't
> quite buy that  argument, as they are supporting stuff like PhoneGap,
> HTML5, etc.

Microsoft supports POSIX too, so what? Their POSIX API works only well enough to port applications; if you want performance you have to move to Win32 API or (with Win8) WinRT API.
They also support ODF in Office, but in a way that is 100% incompatible with everyone else (For example, All formulas are written to application specific name spaces so any other application opening the file will not get formulas, just values.)

Microsoft's goal is to support it well enough to get people to use the platform, then enhance it such that you use extensions specific to Microsoft's platform.

Just because they support something does not mean the really support it.
They have a really long history of this.

$0.02

Ben