[Interest] QtNetwork in iOS application

Thomas Sondergaard ts at medical-insight.com
Fri Jun 22 13:32:20 CEST 2012

On 20-06-2012 11:07, Bo Thorsen wrote:
> Den 19-06-2012 08:43, Thomas Sondergaard skrev:
>> Is it possible to use QtCore and QtNetwork in an iphone application with
>> a standard UIKit GUI? I'm thinking particularly about the eventloop and
>> events and async I/O with QNetworkAccessManager. How can I integrate the
>> Qt and UIKit eventloops?
>
> You should be able to do this by making a separate thread with the Qt
> code in it.
>
> Integrating between them has to be done by standard IOS thread
> communication to a single Qt thread and this can post events to the Qt area.

Hi Bo,

Thanks for replying. Running a separate even-loop is a useful
workaround, but I'd prefer to have the eventloops integrated. Could I
use the uikit QPA plugin and use QApplication::exec() to start the Qt
event loop and just use UIKit to create windows? Alternatively would it
be possible to write a custom event dispatcher to avoid the dependency
on QtGui, which I won't need.

Regards,

Thomas