[Interest] QFileDialog::getExistingDirectory does not expand tree on Windows 7

Eric Clark eclark at ara.com
Wed Jun 27 19:03:25 CEST 2012

Hello All,

I am currently building my application using Qt 4.7.4 on Windows 7. Recently, I noticed that when I call the method QFileDialog::getExistingDirectory(...) and pass in a default directory to open to, the native dialog does open to the correct directory. However, the tree in the left-hand pane of the Windows dialog does not expand to that location. Does anyone know of any existing bugs in Qt or in the Windows 7 native file dialog that is causing this behavior? Or if anyone can tell me it has been fixed in a newer version of Qt? And, if anyone knows of a work-around for this, that would be extremely useful. Hopefully, someone out there has experienced this problem as well. I have attached a screen shot of what I am trying to explain if it helps...

Thank You in Advance!
Eric

When you meet someone better than yourself, turn your thoughts to becoming his equal. When you meet someone not as good as you are, look within and examine your own self. -- The Analects, Confucius