[Interest] Where are the USER properties of Qt-provided QObjects documented?

Bo Thorsen bo at fioniasoftware.dk
Thu Jun 28 09:02:02 CEST 2012

Den 28-06-2012 08:55, Andre Somers skrev:
> Op 28-6-2012 8:21, Andreas Pakulat schreef:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Am Donnerstag, 28. Juni 2012 schrieb Bo Thorsen :
>>
>>     Hi Frank,
>>
>>     Den 28-06-2012 06:40, K. Frank skrev:
>>     > Where in the documentation (not the source code) can I find out
>>     which
>>     > of the properties of a standard Qt QObject class is the designated
>>     > USER property?
>>
>>     You can't find this, and it doesn't matter. You might be able to
>>     find it
>>     using the QMetaObject introspection, but I guess this is only for
>>     designer or something like it. I've never used this property.
>>
>>     > [...]
>>     > For some context, from the documentation for "The Property System":
>>     >
>>     >     The USER attribute indicates whether the property is
>>     designated as
>>     >     the user-facing or user-editable property for the class.
>>
>>     What do you need this for?
>>

>> I don't know what the op needs this for, but KDE's kconfigxt system
>> uses the property to connect widgets and their corresponding config
>> file entry automatically.
>>
> It is also used for things like QDataWidgetMapper.

And both of these cases support the assumption that this is a property
that's used by code and not something you care for otherwise. Which is
why the property isn't documented for each class.

That's why I asked OP what he wanted to use it for, since I think he's
going in a wrong direction and there is some other way to achieve
whatever it is he is doing.

Bo Thorsen,
Fionia Software.

--