[Interest] more QSharedPointerQuestions

Jason H scorp1us at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 1 22:34:04 CET 2012

So I have a QObject-derived object tree, like a QObject* tree; I made everything QSharedObject<QObject> accordingly. (I'll just use QObject in this email)

I have a recursive query function. I want to use QSharedPointers so that I don't give the pointer directly to the tree because someone might delete it. (ignoring data(), because at that point in time I can consider it intentional)

However I hit a problem in my recursive search function QSharedObject<QObject> QObject::search() when I go to add "this" item to the result set, I can only add "this" as a QObject* not QSharedPointer<this>.

How do I work around "this"?