[Interest] MS RTF

Atlant Schmidt aschmidt at dekaresearch.com
Fri Mar 2 13:13:17 CET 2012

Lucas:

  How "rich" does your Rich Text have to be?

  If your task is to write minimally-formatted text into
  a .RTF file, you might just want to write your own
  writer implementation from scratch. Microsoft provides
  pretty good documentation on the .RTF format and you
  can readily create examples to reverse-engineer.

  Beyond that, there appear to be Python, Perl, and Java
  implementations  of .RTF interfaces, but a quick Google
  doesn't reveal any obvious C++ implementations. In
  which language (Java or C++) does Open Office do
  their .RTF interface?

  Others on the list may, of course, have better/other
  information.

                       Atlant