[Interest] Question About Python Fontend To QImage.setPixel And QImage.Format_*

Kevin McGuire kmcg3413 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 4 04:43:17 CET 2012

I looked around, and was not able to find any bug type repository for
Qt easily. It may exist, but also too I figured you guys might know
better. I have been using the QImage widget with Python build 3.2 x64
on Win7 with Qt4. I was working with setPixel and after a few hours
looking for the bug I realized that setPixel method was accepting a
color valueof RGBA32 or RGB32. I did not investigate which one
exactly. I was specifying RGB16 in the constructor for QImage because
I was decoding DXT1 image which used RGB16 (565 format) -- and kept
thinking that I was decoding it wrong.

What I am wondering is if this is correct behavior? Or, maybe a small bug?

I have attached a minimalistic test case which produces the described
behavior on my system.