[Interest] Eclipse-like docking window?

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Mon Mar 5 15:07:50 CET 2012

On 05.03.12 12:37:10, jaume dominguez faus wrote:
> Thanks Andreas.
>
> No, I don't want to dock views into an editor. That already works as
> desired (it tabs the dragged view). The problem is that the main area of
> the window is never occupied. It remains empty and since this is the
> area that takes the space gained or lost when the whole window is
> resized, it is a bit uncomfortable. My intention is that the "main" area
> in the window is any (at the user's wish). In other words, there is no
> "central" area.

Thats what Eclipse calls the "Editor Area" and you cannot move a
dockwidget into that area in Eclipse. If you build a custom
eclipse-based application you can opt to not show this area at all,
making it look as if your application would allow drag'n'drop of
dockviews on the complete content area of the mainwindow.

I recall this being a topic on this list before on how to do this for
Qt. It might be as easy as not setting a central widget for the
mainwindow, since then there should be nothing that occupies the area.

Andreas