[Interest] debug QtBrowserPlugin

Bob Hood bhood2 at comcast.net
Wed Mar 14 14:50:12 CET 2012

On 3/14/2012 5:51 AM, Sergey wrote:
> Hello,
>
> How to debug QtBrowsePlugin application, so that I could step by each
> line of code in Visual Studio?
>
> If my Plugin crushes in browser, how to find line of code, where crush
> happens?

Hello, Sergey.

I don't know specifically how to debug a QtBrowsePlugin application.  However,
I have to debug Windows COM processes pretty frequently, which are basically
plug-ins to Windows Explorer.

In that approach, you have a debug-build version of the plug-in installed in
the target application (in your case, that would be a browser application).
In Visual Studio (2008, in my case), you select "Debug -> Attach to
process...".  Locate the active application in the list (i.e., browser), and
select it.  In Visual Studio, open the source to your plug-in, set a break
point, and then activate the plug-in in the browser.

If the gods are smiling down upon you, then you should hit the break point in
Visual Studio and be able to step through the code.  :)

Render me gone,                       |||
    I'm not so good with advice...can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?