[Interest] Possible QMenu tear-off bug

R. Reucher rene.reucher at batcom-it.net
Thu Mar 15 13:43:38 CET 2012

Hi list,

I just found a possible bug and couldn't find any mention of it searching via
Google or the Qt bug-tracker... so unless I'm not doing something completely
wrong, here's what happens (sample code attached, derived from the official Qt
example 'menus', extended with a long tear-off menu and simple enough to repro
it, I guess):

When a tear-off-enabled menu crosses multiple columns and the tear-off handle
is activated, the independent window goes haywire and gets resized until its
limits. Qt even spits out this message several times:

QWidget::setMinimumSize: (/QTornOffMenu) The largest allowed size is
(16777215,16777215)

Which indicates it's doing something completely weird here :)...

So, is this known? Am I the only one? Or am I doing something wrong here? If
no (to all) I guess I should file a Qt bug...

Note that I'm using Qt 4.8.0 on Linux x86_64, and I was informed of the
problem by someone on Windows, also using Qt 4.8.0... so it doesn't seem to be
a platform-specific issue.

Thanks for your time, René