[Interest] QSerialport EV_RXCHAR not emitted or catched while moving window

David Ching dc at dcsoft.com
Thu Mar 15 18:05:22 CET 2012

> Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2012 01:30:15 +1100
>From: "Tony Rietwyk" <tony at rightsoft.com.au>
>Is this running on Windows?  I seem to remember that the timers had the
same problem -
>the events don't get delivered while the window is in resize mode.
>I never found a fix or workaround for this, and had to implement my own
timers in a
> separate thread looping on sleep.

I've experienced the same symptom (but was not able to diagnose why) using
both QSerialPort and QExtSerialPort.
If the window was dragged extensively, data loss would occur (characters
would be unrecoverably lost).
But the serial protocol had disabled any form of flow control (e.g.
XON/XOFF, or hardware).
So I blamed the problem on using a fragile serial protocol.  Was this
correct?
If not, how are we supposed to use QSerialPort / QExtSerialPort reliably in
a GUI app?

Thanks,
David