[Interest] Key_Cancel on Macintosh

John Weeks john at wavemetrics.com
Tue Mar 20 18:20:17 CET 2012

On Windows, I can filter keypress events looking for Qt::Key_Cancel, which is generated by pressing Ctrl+Break.

The Macintosh equivalent is Cmd-period. As far as I can make out, the Cocoa system catches that key combination and sends some sort of cancel event instead of a key event.

My question: is there a way to catch this in Qt on Macintosh?

Background: my application runs user code (we have an internal programming language) and during user code we should be able to press cmd-period to stop the user code. We don't want a progress dialog, we just want to interrupt the user's code, which is running under our control, with many opportunities to check for key presses or some sort of event occurrence.

Thanks!

-John Weeks