[Interest] Qt is good because...

Rui Maciel rui.maciel at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 16:44:06 CEST 2012

On 03/27/2012 02:51 PM, Quim Gil wrote:
> I will include tohttp://qt-project.org/wiki/Qt-is-Good  what is not
> already there.

I've noticed that the article includes the following sentence:

<quote>
All the source code of the Qt libraries is open source and well written
with good API references.
</quote>

I would take some precautions in claiming that it is "well written".
Not that it is poorly written.  It isn't.  Yet, when a Qt app is ran
under a code profiler such as valgrind, a lengthy set of warnings is
displayed regarding a series of invalid memory accesses and conditional
jumps or moves depending on uninitialised values.

Granted, maybe this problem is distro-specific, and not related to Qt
per se.  Is anyone else willing to test this?

Rui Maciel