[Interest] Qt is good because...

Harri Pasanen harri at mpaja.com
Tue Mar 27 17:11:52 CEST 2012

On 03/27/2012 04:12 PM, Quim Gil wrote:

> The wiki page also says that the API has "the best API available, not
> only in C++ but also compared to other languages." I'm a bit reluctant
> typing "best of" anything unless we have some proof e.g. comparing
> with Objective-C for iOS, Java for Android and XNA/Silverlight for
> Windows Phone. Many of the developers that ask themselves whether to
> use Qt come from these backgrounds.

For me the show stopper in Windows Phone is that you cannot push the
application logic to C++ and integrate 3rd party C and C++ libraries.

The cross platform thing is two ways.  You can target cross platform,
but you can also develop cross platform.  For instance, when developing
a symbian application I start on Linux with Qt Creator, testing with
simulator.  When ready to test on device, I recompile the same project
on Windows using Qt Creator there and deploy and debug on device.

/Harri