[Interest] Does it really worth it?

Harri Pasanen harri at mpaja.com
Wed Mar 28 11:28:11 CEST 2012

On 03/28/2012 05:15 AM, lorn.potter at nokia.com wrote:
> On 27/03/2012, at 9:59 PM, ext André Somers wrote:
>
>> I think most of us would agree that Nokia's communication about the role
>> of Qt in it's mobile phone stragegy has been... eh... lacking. I have
>> good confidence, based on bits&  pieces and statements from people I
>> trust, that there is a good place for Qt still on that front, but nobody
>> can say for sure.
> You mean like this?
> http://blog.qt.nokia.com/2011/06/21/qt%E2%80%99s-future-for-nokia-bringing-apps-to-the-next-billion/

That communication is soon a year old, which is a long time in this
business...

So personally I'd count that as lacking communication.   It leaves
developers (me at least) hoping, rather than being assured, that
something will come out of it.  That is a big difference when you have
to assure there is food on the table, not just hope for it.

Just my 2 cents,

Harri